Thursday, January 27, 2005

On ESPN Channel #27--Extreme Cockfighting?

Since were into creative problem solving here, I'd thought I share this story that Wife thought blogworthy: Make cockfighting okay by giving gloves to roosters.

Ever the pessimist, I don't think it will work. Though I'll qualify my opinion by saying that I don't know a DAMNED THING about cockfighting. However, I assume people watch cockfighting to see a rooster die. Either (1) this would only make the fight unwatchable, or (2)It would only slow the process of their deaths by, unless there's some way to knock out a chicken without killing it.

Still, this story is ripe for funny.

"Let the roosters do what they love to do without getting injured," Shurden said.

"They don't want electronic cockfighting any more than anybody else does, or they'd be doing it."

Put that in my "List of Words I've Never Thought I'd See Together".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home